Friday, 25 April 2008

Campaign Diary - Friday 25th April 2008

It has been a busy week. But there is no time to relax. From tomorrow there will be just 127 hours remaining until the polls open, only 142 hours before the polls close and in just 150 hours time we will know whether local residents want change or more of the same.

A reduced version of my election address, which is being delivered to homes as I write, has been published in the Gainsborough Standard. It also contains comments from the numerous other candidates (excepting the UKIP candidate who submitted nothing). What is clear is that only the Conservatives in West Lindsey are putting forward policies that will make a difference to the quality of people's lives.

I had the good fortune to chat to Chris Heaton-Harris MEP earlier this afternoon who wished my colleagues and I luck in the local election on May 1st. Chris is the Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Daventry and like West Lindsey they have elections every year. He reports that they have a solid grip on the council which they hope to improve; I will just be grateful if we secure a majority.

Today has also seen the launch of my latest election video. I am very pleased with the result. I hope should local people elect me on May 1st that I will be able to make a regular video blog about my activities on local resident's behalf, I also hope to contribute a regular column in the Nettleham News as a District Councillor and distribute regular 'In Touch' Newsletters twice a year.