Saturday, 5 April 2008

Campaign Diary - Saturday 5th April 2008

The election campaign has officially started with the release of the nominations list yesterday at noon.

I am pleased to see that there is going to be a real contest in Nettleham Ward with four candidates. I am unimpressed that the Labour Party have failed to field any candidates in district council elections taking place in West Lindsey. Back in 1999 they managed to field fourteen candidates. Today it is none.

I have been out into Nettleham this morning meeting local residents and discussing concerns with them. Residents on the door-step are very much concerned about the increase in their Council Tax bills, issues related to speeding & parking and crime.

Residents have reported to me that there have been a number of teenagers at Mulsanne Park in recent days 'building a tree house' which according to reports they had the Parish Council's permission to do. It is my understanding that this is certainly not the case.I have been liaising with Police Community Support Officer Jackie Parker and she is monitoring the situation.