Tuesday, 8 April 2008

Campaign Diary - Tuesday 8th April 2008

I was out in the village this morning meeting residents, talking about this issues that matter to local people, observing Nigel Kingston's banner across the front of his house - and pondering the lack of any suggestion of what he would do if he's elected - and going to the green to catch a bus into the office.

As I sat on the bus I observed a poster about new Sunday bus services. "Good", I thought, "finally a better bus service". But alas no. The poster was advertising an expansion of bus services for villages south of the city. The '2 service' which links Branston, Heighington and Washingborough with Lincoln will be running every two hours during the daytime on Sundays, but no such provision for the north of the city. I have written a letter to Stagecoach asking if a similar provision could be made for Nettleham, Welton and Dunholme - the '11 service'. I have been a strong proponent of better public transport provision and the Nettleham Parish Council I have worked to improve the services in the village. The 18:20 service from Lincoln was implemented by Stagecoach in response to requests by the Parish Council at my urging.

The video below is, I think, a good example of the positive actions that the Conservative party are looking at to help first time buyers get on the property ladder.