Friday, 31 October 2008

Candidate Selection Made

Prospective Candidate for the Nettleham & Saxilby Division County Council Seat Selected

Giles McNeill has been selected as the Conservative Party’s prospective candidate for the Nettleham & Saxilby Division for the County Council elections scheduled to take place in June 2009.

Giles said:
“I am delighted to have been selected as your prospective County Council candidate for the Nettleham & Saxilby Division. I want to know what issues are important to local residents. My job in the coming months is to listen to the views of local residents and then ensure that those views will be heard in the council.

“A strong economy is the foundation of everything that we want to achieve. Ensuring that we have responsible management of public money in Lincolnshire will be a top priority. I want safe communities; it isn’t enough to treat the symptoms of social failure, we have got to tackle the causes. Social mobility under Labour has stalled. I want to ensure that everybody is given the opportunities they deserve: I want to help those who are willing to help themselves, I want families and the voluntary sector to be stronger so that we can create a more cohesive, compassionate society by empowering people to be responsible.

I hope that when polling day comes, local residents will support me. In Broadholme, Broxholme, Burton, Burton Waters, Grange-De-Lings, North Carlton, North Greetwell, Nettleham, Riseholme, Saxilby-With-Ingleby and South Carlton: it is time for change. I want to be that change – change that will strengthen our communities.”

No comments: