Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Conservatives At West Lindsey Elect New Leadership Team - Update


Update to 'EXCLUSIVE: Conservatives At West Lindsey Elect New Leadership Team'.
Related content 'Leadership Contest Final Furlong' and 'Leadership Contest Speculation Begins'

The Lincolnshire Echo is reporting that Cllr. Adam Duguid, Conservative (Market Rasen Ward) accepted his position via a text message sent from the United States of America, where he is on a skiing holiday. He received a text message informing him of his nomination for the leadership of West Lindsey District Council's Conservative Group and agreed to stand.

The paper report Cllr. Duguid as saying:
"It was all a bit confusing.

"I was away when it happened and I got a message saying I had been nominated and would I accept.

"I thought if people wanted me to do it, then I should accept the nomination and let them decide."
The appointment marks the end of a six-week search for a replacement following the resignation of Cllr Bernard Theobald (Wold View Ward).

No comments: