The district council and housing association Acis are bringing in Choice Based Lettings and consultation meetings are being held from next week to tell the public how it will work.
"Choice Based Lettings is where landlords advertise available properties and applicants are asked to express their interest in - or bid for - the home they would like to live in.Drop In sessions where people can find out more are planned as follows:
"The idea is to make the process of registering for an affordable home as simple as possible and to give people greater choice in selecting where and in what type of property they want to live in."
- Monday, 22nd February, Drakes Court, Caistor 4 - 7pm
- Tuesday, 23rd February, Engine Room, Gainsborough 10am - 1pm
- Tuesday, 23rd February, Community Centre, Park Springs 5 - 7pm
- Wednesday 24th February, Saxilby Village Hall 2 - 4pm
- Thursday 25th February, Fletcher Court, Market Rasen 10am - 1pm
- Friday, 26th Februar, Fiskerton Village Hall 11am - 1pm
The new lettings policy is due to be introduced late this year. More details can be found at www.west-lindsey.gov.uk/housing or by calling the housing team on (01427) 676676.