Monday, 6 September 2010

Simon Cavalier-Jones Quits Election Race

Lincolnshire's Simon Cavalier-Jones who until tonight had been in the running for the National Chairmanship of Conservative Future - the youth wing of the Conservative Party - announced that he was quitting the race.

In a message to supporters Mr. Cavalier-Jones said:
"I am pulling out of the race to be the next CF Chair. Unfortunately this is not due to any exciting revelation's about my private life, but due to new work related commitment's.


"I would like to thank everybody who has worked on my campaign, you have done a brilliant job. Namely I would like to thank (In no particular order) Philip Smith, Hamish Stewart, Muheed, Sophie Shrubsole, Jack Whalley, Reza Shah, Giles McNeill, Ed Turner, Luke Springthorne, Ben Mallett, Nic Careem, James Deighton, Chris Southeran, Mr Trynka-Watson X2, Annesley Abercorn, Ben Harris Quinney and of course Mrs Hamster. These are just a few of the people who have helped out or had to listen to my moaning!
"I am supporting Craig Cox for Chair and I hope you will do the same."
With the closure of nomination tomorrow at noon it is now widely expected that the fight will be between Cllr. Ben Howlett and Mr. Craig Cox.

No comments: