Tuesday, 21 December 2010

Giles McNeill Resigns as Area Chairman of CF Lincolnshire

Giles McNeill has today resigned from his post as Area Chairman of Conservative Future in Lincolnshire in a letter to the East Midlands CF Regional Chairman, Thomas Turrell, copied to local activists he said:
"I would like to tender my resignation from the post of Area Chairman of Conservative Future in Lincolnshire. Owing to growing work commitments and the prospect of the considerable challenge presented by the move to 'all out' elections for West Lindsey District Council next year; I feel I am not best placed to continue in this role.

"I have enjoyed very much both of my Chairmanships of Lincolnshire and the successes that the Area has achieved in recent years to all parts of Conservative Future in the county.

"In the future I look forward to supporting you in your role as Regional Chairman & the executive team, my successor (pro tem), Mr. Robin Hunter-Clarke, and continuing as Branch Chairman for Gainsborough CF. The challenges we face in 2011 - the referendum on AV, local council elections and continuing to build a strong youth movement rooted in Conservative values across the East Midlands - will require hard work and dedication and the careful avoidance of side-issues which steer us all from our core objectives."

No comments: