Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Lincolnshire Conservatives Police Commissioner Candidates Whittled Down to Three

Senior members of the Conservative Party in Lincolnshire met on Saturday to agree the final three names that will go forward to the party members who will select their candidate for the new role of Police and Crime Commissioner, expected to be a contested election on Thursday, 15th November 2012.

A closed primary of members of the Conservative Party will take place on Saturday, 23rd July 2012.

The Selection Council have selected:

Cllr. Richard Graham Davies

Represents the Grantham North West Division on Lincolnshire County Council
Member of Lincolnshire Police Authority

Richard says:
"I was born and raised in Lincolnshire and now have a young family growing up here. It is my aim to make Lincolnshire a better place to live and work. Together we can make our county a safer place to live for everyone, but to do this I need your support. I want to hear from you. 
"Having been a supporter of directly elected commissioners since the idea was first raised I see a directly accountable individual as a vital step towards restoring faith in our police service. My experience dealing with Lincolnshire Police means that I have seen first hand how they operate and have the ability to push back and challenge ideas and decisions where appropriate. I understand the concerns ordinary people have about crime and this will inform how I set the policing priorities should I be fortunate enough to be elected. 
"Visible policing is a priority for the people of Lincolnshire and I will make marked changes in the county by creating ‘Cop Shops’ on every town High Street, holding regular public briefings at which members of the public can question senior police officers 
"I believe that my direct experience of business and local government, my understanding of policing issues, my in depth knowledge of Lincolnshire and my involvement with Lincolnshire Police and passion for better performance make me the ideal candidate for the role of Lincolnshire PCC."

Dr. Lee Rotherham

Author
Former Assistant to Sir Richard Body, Member of Parliament for Holland and Boston

Lee says:
"I believe I have the right mix of political and frontline experience to make a real difference in the county I grew up in. 
"I want police officers seen on the streets, and back on the beat; and I believe in correct, not politically correct, policing.

Cllr. Kelly Jason Smith


Represents the Lincoln Moorland Division on Lincolnshire County Council
Member of Lincolnshire Police Authority


Kelly was elected to Lincolnshire County Council in 2009 and was later appointed to the Police Authority. Cllr. Smith was rapidly promoted to the position of Executive Member for Finance and Human Resources.

No comments: